We're Here for You
Doula (n) - A person who is trained to assist another pregnant person during childbirth and who may provide support to the family after the baby is born.
Doula is a word with Greek origins meaning "a woman serves." Today, a Doula refers to a labor companion - a trained professional who will provide emotional, physical, and informational support before, during, and after childbirth. A Doula does not support the medical needs during labor, but research shows that women need fewer medical interventions when they have a Doula by their side.
Keiki Nest now offers Doula services to growing families in Northern Virginia for either Home, Hospital, and Birth Center Births. The World Health Organization recommends Doulas attend all births globally. Studies have shown that having a Doula present during labor improves maternal and fetal health, and lowers the risk of induction and intervention.
Invest in yourself and feel prepared for the journey ahead. It truly takes a village.
What to expect
- Complimentary consultation to get to know each other and see if I'm a good fit for you and your family.
- Prenatal visit to create and discuss Birth preference and preparations.
- On call support through phone or text to answer any questions or concerns before Birth.
- Labor support through entire labor.
- Breastfeeding assistance after delivery.
- Postpartum visit at home within 1-2 weeks and discuss your Birth experience.